The Solar Plexus Chakra - 3 things I learned to balance my personal power
What is the Solar Plexus Chakra:
Manipura, the city of jewles or commonly called the “solar plexus chakra”, acts as the body’s energy power-house, our personal power, our self-worth and confidence. When it’s clogged up, you may find yourself feeling powerless, stagnant, or quick to anger. When it is overactive, you may find yourself trying to control others, to use power to manipulate, to dictate your life and other lives.
So today, I d like to share with you the 3 things I have learned to balance my personal power and be more confident through balancing the Solar Plexus Chakra:
- Understand that ego is not confidence. Sometimes it is easy to mistaken that protecting the ego is showing our confidence. It is the opposite. It is the willingness of open up about my feelings and be vulnerable is to take back my personal power. And to be aware of these moments and not letting the ego taking control is to build that awareness muscle, that space with more of the clarity by meditation, mindfulness practices, by taking time for myself, taking time to reflect and to listen to what I need, to really understand my strengths and weaknesses. For most of my 20s, I was in a position in which I feel quite powerless and easily being manipulated. But from the outside, I tried to project myself as someone had her life sorted and be confident by denying my weaknesses. Though later in life I realized that no matter how hard I hide these insecurities, it played out in a different forms anyway. It effected my judgment and my personal view to the world. And it is always gonna control me until I learn to own them and let go of my big ego. Meditation helped me tap into that mindset easier everytime. When there is tension during my day, either from a miscommunication with someone, dealing with challenging people, dealing with constructive critics, I know exactly what I need to do is to just take couples of deep breath, fill my lungs and tummy where the tension usually gathers, and meditate for sometimes. The uncomfortable feelings might not go away very quickly but I am not likely to react out of protecting my ego, also not likely to keep repeating that story in my head for zillions of times and that is all I need right there.
- Second thing is focusing on having a good body posture. If you want to be confident, to feel confident, to look confident, start acting with confidence by using body languages, body posture. Check in with yourself on how you feel in your body and your posture when you speak. Do you see those confident speakers who always make sure they stand straight up with their chest slight forward and up? When you do that do you feel a bit more in power too? I do. I want to share something here I used to have very bad body posture by sitting at my desk all the time, and my body doesnt feel great. The result of that is that I don't feel comfortable in my skin and comfortable with how I move. But I never really understand why, I thought some people are just naturally look great with their posture. Yes we were born with good and straight posture but with our lifestyle, we might be affected if we don't really take good care of our body. Since I started to do ashtanga yoga and trail running frequently, my body posture improved within a couple of months. Something I want to emphasize here is that these physical result could happen faster than we thought when we really commit and exercise frequently. And it is really worth it. I started noticing how much more confident I move around and really feel in tune with my body. That was when I understand the term the connection of mind, body and spirit at its most basic level. So, tip is do exercises that you like. Yoga is so beautiful, just as the meaning of yoga is union, union with your body, your soul, the universe, with all beings on earth. There are yoga asanas that can help particularly to activate our solar plexus chakra like bow pose or cobra pose that you could try. Most important thing is to show up on the mat and do the practice regularly.
- Third thing is affirmations for the solar plexus chakra. I feel affirmation when working on this chakra is so effective. Before any of my speak or presentation, what I love to do is to read a short chapter of a motivational book, or reciting a couple of affirmations. When I started to do it, I thought this is nonsense. But if I keep going for 10 to 15 minutes, I absorb all of those words and the meanings really lift my consciousness. I would be in a lot better state of consciousness and instead of feeling too nervous to deliver my speech, I feel excited to share my idea with others. Some affirmations remind me to believe in my own magic again, and to just let my personality shines through. Some affirmations remind me that there is this higher power in me, my highest self wanting to manifest through me and I just need to allow that to happen. I will share with you some of my favourite affirmations that I use most of the time:
- I give myself permission to be my authentic self
- I release the need to control
- I have high self esteem and believe I am valuable
- I forgive myself for past mistakes and I grow from them
- I allow room for mistakes to grow. I don't let my ego limit my growth
Those are my 5 go-to affirmations. I use them in any situation or just randomly during my day, after my morning meditation. They has been working for me very well. If you havn't tried these affirmations before, I hope you can give them a try and see how that feels. If you have your own affirmations that work for you, do share with me too. I sometimes share my favourite affirmations on my instagram @innerbeautybysierra so do check them out and let me know what your thoughts.
So, I hope these tips I share today are helpful to you. Connect with me through social media or email, or my new YouTube channer at Inner Beauty By Sierra. I am thrilled to get to know you and provide more good content that helps you with your journey in the future. Stay in touch. Thank you